“Why don’t y’all get me and my population dynamics yo?”-Phidippus princeps
Currently, the class is still a bit holed up in the stats! Univariate Negative Binomials and Multivariate Analysis is tricky stuff in R. Results aren’t super clear cut at the moment so we’ll definitely need to dive in a bit deeper to look for significant effects. It seems maybe there is significance between the Zero-Gall Control trees and everything else? Definitely, something to look into…
Yep, still a searching…
Anyhow, At the end of the day the class decided that we weren’t really ready to get results turned in by Thurday. So, heres the plan! We will still review eachothers work on Thursday and we’ll try to get as much done as we can. Its better if you can get as much as you can done by thursday so that Will and fellow peeps can help out with any roadblocks and give feedback! We will push back the due date for our Results section to either this weekend or next tuesday.
Agenda for Thursday:
1) Continued Analysis Workshop (this is the time to get help) 9:00-10:30
2) Buddy system (hook up with a buddy and discuss your results so far, give each other feed back) 10:30-11:00
3) Trade Buddies (repeat step 2) 11:00-11:30
4) Discuss general techniques for writing a results section 11:30-11:45
5) Plan for next time 11:45-11:50
As per usual, allocated times can be flexible. Also, I won’t actually be around for the first half of class so if y’all decide this agenda ain’t the best use of time, I won’t be the least bit offended if y’all scrap it altogether 🙂
Analyze that science!