Just sorting more bugs… 5/14/2013

Well, on Tuesday we spent some time at the beginning of class talking about sorting our morphotypes.  Do we want to keep adding new morphotypes to the ever-growing columns of the master Google Doc?  Or, another idea was proposed that we sort our list of microhyms into functional groups such as the ones that form galls, the parasitoids, etc.  Ultimately we decided to keep sorting as we have been to keep that extra data, but if it is difficult to sort the microhyms with very similar features then not to worry too much about which specific morphotype we place them into.  In short, if you can’t tell the difference, just give it your best shot 🙂

Other than that, we spent the rest of the time sorting all of dem insects.  Weeeeeee!!!  30 samples done!

IMG_20130514_101914

IMG_20130514_101917

 

 

IMG_20130514_101922

 

 

 

Next time:

Sort more bugs!

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s