We decided we needed an extra field day to mark and collect data on useable trees, so some of us met up on Saturday. It was a fun and productive day! We finished collecting data on all trees in the first portion of the field, then drove down to the other end. We decided (for now) to just mark experimental trees in this area. The second shift of people to show up continued marking experimental trees, but did not count galls for all these trees (simply because they had a smaller team of people). By the end of the day we had a total of about 300 experimental trees! Though some may later be excluded, as we discovered last week that some are too tall.
Louie brought a friend! Kermit spent his time eating grass, bounding through the field, getting petted, and infusing some energy into us all!